Large Decal Application Instructions
(Messy but the safest method of application)
- Ensure surface is appropriately cleaned beforehand and weather is calm. Little wind if applying outdoors.
Use isopropyl alcohol, alcohol wipes, or a detergent to remove any dirt and oils.
- Spray down surface with as much water as possible.
- Remove decal backing paper and apply as gently as possible from center outwards.
Make sure to position it how you want at this stage.
- “Tack” centre of decal down firmly and hold with one hand, press down firmly using a card or Squeegee at an angle and work from center out in an arc. Work slowly and remove as much water as possible taking care not to trap any bubbles.
Work in halves and in arcs outwards
- Recommended to leave on application tape as the decal adheres for a few hours before removal. Remove from largest decal area to thinnest, avoid removing directly towards thin areas.
(Clean but hardest method of application)
- Same as Wet Application
- Remove and trim half of backing paper
- Take your time and line it up, tack from trimmed half of backing paper.
- Same as Wet Application
- Application tape can be removed instantly
- Measure out how you want it to fit, we recommend keeping the logo under the top of the windshield at minimum and above the arrows marked on the windscreen (whatever is legal for your country for sunstrips)
Use masking tape to keep the banner centred (Align the banner vertically and horizontally, use a ruler for precise measurements)
- Lift up half the banner on the long side and peel off the backing paper and trim halfway.
- Spray down the windscreen and vinyl with water thoroughly (More cant hurt)
- Place the banner down gently. Make sure all your adjustments are made at this stage before progressing.
- Tack down the centre by pressing down with your finger before firmly pushing out the water with the Seconds Please! Squeegee in the same area.
- You can continue to push out the water firmly to apply the rest of the area with the backing paper removed
- Repeat for the other side.
- Trim the banner on the top and sides leaving 5mm where the windscreen seals are.
- Press down firmly with the squeegee to get it up to the seal. Do the side sections separate from the top and trim using a razor blade sitting in the corner the seal makes with the windshield. Drag the knife towards you gently holding the same angle around 30 degrees.
Other things to consider
Use common sense! Whilst they are rated for outdoor use, don’t place them anywhere there will be extreme temperatures, take care of your girls.
Don’t put them anywhere normal stickers won't go, that is on surfaces which aren’t flat and smooth.
Take care when cleaning the surface afterwards, sharp points and corners could get lifted accidentally.